Critter-Proofing Your Landscaping!
Have Bambi, Thumper, Rocky or Chip n’ Dale turned your trees and shrubs into mysterious nubs? Protect your landscaping against future foraging by using repellent granules or sprays.
Zergott Landscaping carries many products in our Garden Center to help:
* Deer Scram (granular)
* Plastic Tree Trunk Protector (sleeve prevents damage from deer rubs)
* Liquid Fence Deer & Rabbit Repellent (concentrated spray or granules)
* Repells-All Animal Repellent (lasts up to 2 months, even with rain!)
* Tree Guard Deer Repellent Spray
* Shot Gun Deer & Rabbit Repellent Spray (ready to use.)
* Molemax Mole & Vole Repellent (granular also for rabbits and skunks)
* Havahart Critter Ridder (skunks, groundhogs, cats, dogs, squirrels, chipmunks, raccoons)
* Hot Pepper Wax (organic, usable on edible plants)
* Espoma Soil Perfector (keeps out voles)
* Coyote and Bobcat Urine
* Natura Step 2 Plant Saver (microtabs to use around Hosta)
There are some “old wives tales” offering solutions, which we do not believe in, for your amusement:
* ponytails of human hair tied onto trees
* moth balls around your foundation (not good for cats and dogs)
* foil pie pans tied to tree branches (noisy as the wind blows)
Thinking on to next year, make better choices of what to plant. Encourage critters to pass by your yard, in favor of tastier plants in your neighbors’ yards. Zergott Landscaping has a list of deer-resistant trees, shrubs, perennials, annuals and bulbs for you to choose from. But keep in mind, if deer are hungry enough, under frigid conditions, they will eat anything!